On Monday we got together with my mom's side of the family. Each Memorial Day we honor and "remember" (or learn) about an ancestor. This year we headed out to West Mountain were my Grandpa grew up and talked about the farm and his parents. It was so fun to think of the old farm house I remember going to a few times to visit "Great Grandma and Grandpa Baird on the Farm" (that's what we called them). I remember their little barn off to the side of the house with chickens in it, I remember little kittens running around, I remember sheep. I remember in the house the little attic room atop some narrow stairs.
It was fun to see the property edged by huge trees that my grandpa told us he had planted when he was a boy... To hear stories of his childhood as we sat where he had walked and worked as a child.
My Aunt Chris teaching and sharing. Us listening and learning.


Later we head to Provo for lunch and to honor and celebrate what has been going on in the family over the past year. My Grandma and Grandma Baird had 9 children, so its quite the gathering.
Each family wears a certain colored shirt. So all my mom's posterity wears yellow. Here's my grandparents and 6 of the 9 children.
Singing a song (Hannah headed right up because she saw her cousins up there.)
New babies of the year (Bryson is in his carseat asleep... but not for long.)
Cousins! And this is only about half of us. There are 40 grandchildren. I'm #12.
Everybody sit!
Now wave! (I sure love these guys! What a fun crew.)
Great Grandchildren. In all there are 42... and still counting. Hannah's #28 and Bryson is #40.
Playing and helping Grandpa take pictures.

Here we are in our yellow.

What great memories. I am so blessed to be part of such an amazing family, both past and present!


5 comments:
Nice job. Your family pictures looks adorable too!
Yes you do a very nice job and I am glad you did not go to heaven last Friday !!!!
What a fun tradition you guys have. I love the family picture too, you guys all look great in yellow!
What a fun time! You guys look and sound like you had a GREAT time.
What great pictures! I love the shirt colors idea.
Post a Comment