Since this seems to be my journal at the time I had to get this recorded here. Marj, my mother-in-law, sent an inspiring email about genealogy, so I sent this back.
January 29th, 2012
Since you shared so much about genealogy I had to share my little experience. We are planning a youth Family History/Temple Work month in March. Where we are dedicating the entire month of lessons and activities to center around that topic. Our goal is to have the youth take a name they have prepared to the temple at the end of the month.
So the last couple days I have been looking at this site https://www.lds.org/youth/family-history?lang=eng (which is geared toward youth and family history - it has some great little tutorial videos) and looking up my own family line. I noticed my own grandmother isn't listed as a child of my great-grandparents... Well, to get to the point, I'm sitting at the computer, talking to my mom about what I'd discovered and down comes Hannah with this old calendar workbook that my mom had given her. She kept interrupting me saying, "Mom, I want to do this... Mom will you help me do this..." I finally looked to see what she was talking about and it was a "family tree" worksheet! I don't know why that was in a workbook about calendars or why Hannah wanted to do it. But I had to think that maybe it wasn't just a coincidence... nor is the email that Marj just sent! It was fun to help Hannah fill it out and to get involved. Like Marj said, family history is for all of us even now. Elder Bednar said this last conference, "We are here to participate in the work of salvation. That’s who we are, that’s why we’re here on the earth. ... You were prepared for this day. The time is now.”
Sure love you all. I'm sure glad to be a part of your family.
Love,
Nat
I am so impressed by the tender mercies of the Lord. I know He speaks to us and is aware of day to day. I am impressed that my 5 year old was aware of His whisperings
. Family history is for everyone. For the youth. For me. And even for my children.
1 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it just as much as your testimony over the pulpit.
Post a Comment