CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Sushi

Last week for our anniversary Nic and I went to Happy Sumo for dinner, Nic's request. It is a Japanese Sushi place. Who would have thought Nic, of all people--my picky, picky eater, would like sushi!? He's actually been there several times with work. The first couple times he wouldn't even try it, and now... he loves sushi! (I told him it would be the same way with other things too... He just needs to give different food a chance!)We had a wonderful time. Grandpa Roach watched the kids. (Marj had a game night scheduled but he was stilling willing!) Nic and I really enjoyed ourselves. It was a fun and different place to go. We got 3 different kinds of sushi rolls. The Vegas Roll was my favorite. It was fried with a batter on the outside and had cream cheese and shrimp inside. Yum. We also got one with raw-ish tuna on top and one with eel. (We are living on the edge, I know!) But we did stay clear of the seaweed wrapped stuff.Nic got me a HUGE bouquet of flowers! And I just got Nic a few treats he likes with some hearts and messages and put them in his truck. I sure love this guy! Here's to 5 years... and an eternity more!

4 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick

I am so impressed. There is no way that I would even try it. Glad you had fun and got to get away and enjoy being together. We should plan a double date soon.

Frances

Sushi is the best! We always get sushi to treat ourselves. Happy Anniversary.

Ashley

Happy 5th! That sushi does look good!

Sarah Coyne

Happy Anniversary! I'm very impressed with Nic (and you!) eating sushi! I've never tried it and am really afraid to!