CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Move'n and a Shake'n

I thought it was time for a Bry update. He's so fun and learning so much. On my home scales he's weighting in at 17 lbs. 2 oz. He's a pretty good eater, but when he's done or the food is too cold, he sure lets us know... he loves to spit this food out, making it spray everywhere! Bryson has one little tooth poking out (on the bottom, right).
He's getting to be a great little sitter. And the funnest and most recent thing is scooting! He has been able to scoot backwards a bit, and pivots around, and oh boy, does he roll! But just the last couple days he's picked up scooting and is really very good at it! I can't believe how all of the sudden it happened!

Some people have commented about how he is always smiling. And really he is, especially if you'll give him a little attention and talk to him. He's such a happy little guy and sure makes us happy. His one down fall... he's still not sleeping through the night! Ugg! Two nights ago I let him cry for an hour and a half and I didn't feed him! Boy was that a lot of work! Then last night he cried and cried after soothing him, he feel back asleep only for a short time and went went through it all over again. Then a couple hours later, he was crying again... finally I fed him. He is a happy guy, but when he's mad, he is MAD and does give in. He kicks and flails his arms and screams with everything he's got! I feel like such a mean mom, but don't know what else to do?! Any suggestions. So far this is not working!

I hate to end on a bad note though. We sure love Bryson. He is growing and developing so quickly. He is so fun and sure makes us happy!

6 comments:

rachaeljanae

I've always tried to do sleep training during naps, getting them to go to sleep without help. Lay them down awake, and let them figure it out. Then I give them whatever they want at night because I'm just too tired. It takes a bit longer, but it's better for everyone involved, and it does work. Don't sweat it too hard, it seems like such a big deal when it's a problem, but then he figures it out and everyone's happy. It will work out, you will get sleep, I promise.

Natalie

This comment is more for me (journaling): Bryson is actually great at going to sleep. I've always thought sleep training is EXTREMELY important... for everyone! He goes to sleep on his own. I lay him down awake... And he was sleeping through the night at 2 months! I thought I was super lucky, but he hit 5 or 6 months and has been waking up again. After trying to get him to go back to sleep, without success, I thought maybe it was a grown spurt and he needed the food so I've fed him. But this has lasted too long! I need sleep!

Frances

Alice is also very particular about her food temp. What a sweetheart he is growing into.

Sarah Peterson

he is so cute and happy! He is quite the scooter! Well- I am SOO sorry about the sleep thing. It really really stinks. We went through that with Olivia... well, still going through sleep issues with Olivia, but anyway, I think the best thing that helped Olivia was just to let her scream it out (for 2 hours once!) I let her scream every night for about a week and a half before she started giving up. I feel like I tried every thing with her with not much luck. We both cried, a lot. I have heard that giving them a snuggle toy/blanket helps some kids. If you sleep with it for a few nights to get your mommy smell on it and then give it to him. Maybe eventually it may give him some comfort. Maybe just staying in his room and singing to him or humming to let him know you are there but not nursing him... That may help him if he is having a really hard night. I am obviously not too good with sleep issues... but those are some ideas to try! If you do the cry-it-out method remember it is consistancy that teaches them... you have to do it EVERY night no matter what. Other wise it does not work and they never know when they will be 'rescued'. I was once told "They still love you in the morning, babies don't hold a grudge for letting them cry it out!" That made me feel a LITTLE better ;) Good Luck!!

Jennifer Lomenick

It was fun to talk to you and hear these updates. Good luck. I told you what I would do but it has to be what you feel comfortable with or what works for your family. Hang in there.

Ashley

How did I miss this post? I think sometimes your blogs don't always Rss feed correctly. Bryson is soooo cute! No sleep is bad! But it does end. Keep up the good work! :)