Its nearly 7 am, but I'm ready to go back to bed! After waking up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night , I could never get back to sleep. At least I've gotten a few things done this morning: written a letter to Lisa, looked up prices for ink cartridges, found a Christmas poem to go with my jam, finished cutting a rag quilt I'm working on while watching Saved by the Bell, and got my scripture reading in. These early mornings seem to be when I've been doing my scripture reading lately.
As far as scripture reading goes, I need your help... when do you do it?! I have a hard time setting aside the time and getting it done daily. We always read as a family, but lately I haven't been as consistent with my personal study. Its easy to do little projects, check blogs, etc... but my mind only has to be half there during most of those things. I can still be watching Hannah... But with reading the scriptures I feel like I need to be focused 100%! I read at night sometimes too. But night is hard, because I'm so tired. So I need suggestions! What have you found that works, when do you do it?!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Natalie,
That is why I get up in the morning early! I tried just recently to read them when the girls were awake in the morning but I am listening for the noise they make and not focusing 100% on my scriptures. I don't read as well if I wait to do it at night. I am ready to get in bed and just go to sleep. If I get up in the morning and just do it, it seems to get done. Good luck!
Hi. Sarah's mom here :) I recommend reading scriptures first thing in the morning. If I wait, something always gets in the way or I'm just too tired to pay attention. Prayer and then scriptures just make my days go more smoothly. Good luck!
I forgot to add that I set goals for myself. If I read my scriptures then I can go on the computer and look at blogs or what not. If I haven't read then I try and read first!
For me right now, a lot of times I end up doing my reading while I'm nursing Kate cause I can't go anywhere or do anything else. Although I can get distracted if she starts smiling at me...it's hard to find a good time, I'm with ya there.
I echo the other's comments. Mornings are definitely the best. That is my best time of the day and I am by far the most productive. If can get up, get sricptures done, do my computer stuff, say my prayers before Ivy's up I am happy. If I can even get a room straightened up I am thrilled! When I follow through like this my days are SOOOO much better. But you're right when I get up early I have to do a few things before reading my scriptures, it takes a while to get my brain going 100%. I am so impressed you got all that done before 7am! May I ask where you got your jam poem from? That's my neighbor gift too!
Amy J.
Natalie - Wouldn't it be nice to have extra hours in the day! I usually read when we are both eating breakfast (Andie and I) Ali is usually on the floor playing and cartoons are on, but I can mute them and Andie still enjoys. My cereal occasionally gets soggy because I get lost in my reading, but that is what has worked for now. If I don't get it done then, I read during nap time!
We however are struggling with family scripture study. Shawn is up and out the door by 7:30 - and I just don't function that early. He then gets home around 9pm and by the time we have the girls in bed it is always 10:00-10:30 - and again, by then we both lack functioning skills. Crazy life!
ps - tagged is kinda like facebook. I don't know, I never use it, I signed up with it because I was tired of getting e-mails from mission friends! Oh well.
Life sure is crazy doesn't it. I'm working on making a time stopper. The way it would work is everything in the world would freeze. That way the things I need to get done do. I wake up @ 5:30 and still have a hard time.
That's why I started getting up early.
Post a Comment