I love ultrasounds. It is truly amazing to be able to see a glimpse of our little guy. I don't have early ultrasounds, so this was the first. I am always anxious to find out that all is well. Such a miracle.
Here are some of our first photos of our cute son:
We would have been happy to have a boy or a girl... which was really nice this time, since we already have one of each. I thought Hannah would be better to share a room... and it would be fun to dress up a little girl again. But it will also be really fun to have 2 boys in a row. I was talking to my brother about rooms and said, "the boys", he thought that was pretty cool that I could say "the boys" (he has all girls).
Hannah, on the other hand, really wanted a girl. "I already have a brother," she would say. When I told her it was a boy, she lowered her head and shoulders into a slump and stuck her lip out a bit with a "uuu." I thought she would cry, so quickly in an upbeat, happy voice I told her how she would be an awesome sister to two brothers. She said, "yay." Phew... no crying. Whenever someone brings it up, she'll say, "But I wanted a sister." However, she seems to be warming up to the idea.
I've been trying to figure out what I am going to do with rooms. Right now Bryson is in one and Hannah in the other. Eventually I'd like "the boys" to share. But for now, we are going to get a bunk bed put it in Bryson's room and have Hannah and Bry share that. Our littlest boy will be in our room for a bit and then in the crib in Hannah's room. Hannah will still have "her" room but will sleep in the bunk (which she is excited about) until the baby is sleeping through the night. Then we'll see whether we keep the baby in Hannah's room or move him into Bryson's. It will probably be nice to have them in separate rooms while Bry is still napping. (Any suggestions?)
Our little guys is moving around quite a bit, especially when I'm laying down at night and in the mornings. We are getting excited to meet this little guy and to have him as part of our little family!


5 comments:
We are constantly switching rooms. Ideally napping kids would get their own room, but it never can work like that. I have Jenna and Aaron sharing a room right now, and that seems to work OK. Isaac really needs his own room just so naps and morning sleeps don't get interrupted. That's really important to me!! Having Hannah's stuff in the baby's room might not work out so great when she wants to go in there to change clothes or whatever and can't because the baby is sleeping. When we've done that, the older one is always forgetting someone is asleep in THEIR room. At one point I even had Ethan sleep with the baby and all his clothes and stuff were in the other room with the other two. He hated that (sleeping with a noisy baby), but it worked.
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sorry about the other pains but glad you are over the nausea.
About the sleeping arrangements. I don't know. I am one for getting the kids used to a baby that wakes up and having them learn to sleep through it. Stefani to this day wakes up most nights and cries and all 3 kids sleep through it. She will some nights scream and they are still sleeping through the night. I do agree with the earlier post of forgetting something and having to go and get it while a nap is being taken. I tried for awhile (and still do during the Summer and Spring Break) with Ryan to have him sleep in our room (in a pack n' play) for naps so that the older kids could still get stuff out of their room.
Good luck and I am sure you will change your mind many times or try something else that works better for your situtation. (I do this with seating in the car as well!)
Congrats Natalie!
As for the room thing. We put Hailey and Zach together when Jessica came along. Your scenario of bunk beds sounds all too familiar. Despite a lot more giggling at night...Hailey and Zach have been great about sharing a room. Jessica kind of has her own routine, so it has worked out nicely to keep her separate for now. My mom always said "go on with life as normal, a baby will learn sleep through it." There's a lot of truth to that. As much as I try to say "it's quiet time," it's very hard to enforce sometimes. But Jessi sleeps through it all...I can even vacuum when she's asleep.
PS If you go way back on my blog, you can see our "re-model" on the rooms when we changed. Maybe you can get some boy/girl ideas.
CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you!
You are in our EXACT same situation (2 boys, 1 girl both named Hannah :). Right now, Hannah and Nate share bunk beds and Aidan is in his own room. When he gets bigger (like age 2-3) he'll share with Nate. It'll all work out!
What cute pictures of your newest little Roach. We are excited! Best of luck on the room sharing! It's crazy trying to figure it all out. Carter did OK with Esther for a while, but I love them all in their own rooms. Bedtime and morning time are great!
Post a Comment