My end goal was to come home with some rick rack.
I had already checked the JoAnn's fabric store in town and they didn't have what I needed. So today I was heading all the way to Orem, just to get rick rack. And while I'm there, I figure I'll fill up the car with gas at Costco. But before heading to Orem I needed to drop off a check and give some papers to a neighbor, then returned some books to my sister-in-law. Plus we were going to be having a late lunch due to our errands, so I made up some baggies of animal crackers for all of us, bottled water for Hannah and I and milk for Bry. On top of that there is always the diaper bag and making sure it is loaded with diapers and don't forget the wipes. Oh and yes, we are going to JoAnn's so I brought a bag with my fabric so I could match the rick rack.
Phew.
So after dropping by my neighbors and then my sister-in-laws, I think, I should stop in this (local) JoAnn's real quick just be see if they have it. I quickly dismiss the thought, thinking, No, I was just there and they didn't act like they would be getting it in soon. But of course the thought comes again. So I pull in, I unbuckle Hannah and go to reach for my purse.
My purse. My purse?
Nope. I forgot my purse! I would have gone all the way to the JoAnn's in Orem before I realized I didn't have my purse if I hadn't stopped in at the local one. Although this may seem like a simple thing. It was huge. Not only would I have been out a trip and a whole morning, but I was low on gas! I knew I had enough to make it to Orem... but home too?! I don't know. And I wouldn't have had money to fill up!
Before heading back home, we did run in our local JoAnn's to double check on that rick rack. They still didn't have it. Then as I back tracked back home to get my purse I had to say a silent prayer of gratitude. Deep gratitude. What a tender mercy!


2 comments:
That is a sweet tender mercy. Good thing you listened to and followed the spirit, that could have been an awful day!
Glad it all worked out. Thanks for sharing with me your tender mercy on the phone.
Post a Comment