Our linen closet in our master bathroom, before:
Here are the binders I want to put together:
- Recipes. I have lots of recipes I have printed off the internet or that have been emailed to me. I need to get them organized
- Love File. Something our ward has talked about in the past. It will have important family information such as important phone numbers, family emergency plan, property info, life insurance, will...
- Scripture Stories. I had a friend ask me for some ideas of how to share one scripture story at a time to her toddler and then be able to share that story over and over. She really got me thinking. I'd like to make a binder with flannel board stories, FHE lessons, games, etc that have to do with specific scripture stories.
- Idea Book. Just a place I can stick pictures I see in a magazine or that I print off a blog for decorating... or whatever.
- Projects and Patterns. All those free patterns and projects I find online. A place for my pattern from making quilts and hair bows to aprons.
- House of Order Binder. Homemaking skills such as menu planning, cleaning schedule, organization tips, food storage info, gardening... (This may need to be more than one!)


5 comments:
For the Scripture stories/FHE, you could check out my mom's friend, she has a website www.craftycopies.com with at least a hundred FHE lessons and scripture stories.
I have a "cleaning" binder, that has daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual cleaning checklists. I could email them to you if you want. I just made them up, so they're easily changeable.
My recipes are organized into two binders, recipes to try (which is a mishmash of whatever I find and want to try) and "Tried and True" recipes (this one is organized with tabs and everything). I love the "to try" binder because when I am planning my weekly menu I first flip through that binder first to get ideas and fill in the rest of the week with "tried and true" meals. This way I actually try recipes instead of letting them sit is a pile and if I'm looking for a recipe I know we liked it is right where I can find it.
Your posts always make me want to be better. What great organization ideas. One thing I have started doing is bookmarking great ideas I come across on the internet and sorting them into bookmark folders on my computer. It makes it really easy to quickly log an idea as I come across it. I also get most of my recipies off the internet now so I just save the recipie into a folder that would match a tab like you'd find in a recipe binder. I copy the picture onto the saved document and also include the name of the blog I found it from.
I have my own filing cabinet for FHE/Geneology/school. I put FHE ideas into subject category folders and if I come across anything to do with, say Gratitude, I put it in the corresponding folder, or make a new one if I don't have that topic already. Also, near the folders we keep bills in, there is one labeled "important documents." This includes passports, wills, birth certificates, deeds, etc.
I think the most important thing is not necessarily the organizational method you use, but just that you have a place to put stuff in advance. Think of the times you need each thing and where you want to find it, how you want to find it, and what kind of information you're really going to need. My FHE folders are pretty loose because I use them for a variety of things and there is no point in doing too much advance work unless I'm planning on using it for a specific purpose. But my bill/budget folders are kept in chronological order because I know if I ever need to go back, I'm not going to want to shuffle through the entire folder.
It must be spring! I always get the decluttering bug in the spring too.
I love how it feels after you organize something, like all the world is right...
Post a Comment