...For a Sunbeam! Hannah moved out of Nursery and into Primary this year! She was so excited. I tried to prep her a bit. We visited the Primary room a couple of times (with and without the kids there). Then beforehand, we talked about the songs they might sing, the song leaders, sitting quietly, listening to the other kids and teachers, etc. It is such a huge change and jump. But she has done awesome! We took her in the first Sunday, met her teachers, she looked around a little tentative, but then sat right down in her chair... we left and she did great! When I peaked in later they were singing "I Am a Child of God" and Hannah was even singing along.
After church Hannah said to me, "You thought we would sing 'I Am a Child of God' Mom and we did! You told me that and we did!" Hannah was so excited about singing 'I Am a Child of God'!
Just a week later we attended my parents ward (for Lisa's "homecoming"). I was thinking Hannah would need to go to the class just older so she could be with her cousins. But when we got there she happily went to the Sunbeam class! I was so impressed!
Our wonderful Primary presidency sent home a CD of all the songs the kids will be learning for the Primary program, as well as singing in church on other occasions (Mothers and Fathers Days and Christmas). Fabulous, huh?! Well, for Family Home Evening this week we talked about how Jesus loves us and especially the little children and then worked on one of the Primary songs. It was one I'm not familiar with, since it is out of the Friend, called "I Know That My Savior Loves Me." We had never sung it at home before but Hannah started right in on it singing the first few phrases perfectly and then again doing great on the chorus! Wow! She knew it from the few weeks she has been in Primary!
I'm excited for this new adventure for Hannah. She is ready. I'm excited for her to learn and sing the songs! I'm excited for her to learn more about the gospel and for that to facilitate more learning at home.
**PS. My cousin emailed me a fabulous FHE packet for the entire year that goes along with the theme in Primary! If you'd like it let me know and I can email it to you.
**I love the church website where there are all sorts of resources and ways to interact. (I started a post about this once... maybe I'll have to finish it.) Here's a link to "I Know That My Savior Loves Me." Click the music note to listen to the piano music to sing along.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Andie loves being a sunbeam too!! Our primary also sent home all the songs for the year - it's great. That's all we listen to in the car! When I try to switch over to "my music" Andie says, "No....Primary songs!"
I'm interested in the FHE packet, if you don't mind sending it along. You're fantastic!
This is such a fun move! They seem so grown up!
I almost did a post all the cool interactive primary and Friend magazine stuff. Is that what you were going to do? Good stuff. I need to let Graysen play around with it.
Primary is the best place in the world!!! The theme for this year is so great, and that song is so beautiful, especially when sung by a room full of children.
Doesn't it seem crazy to have a sunbeam already? Daylen is doing really well in his sunbeam class as well, they grow up so fast! I would love to have that FHE packet, if you could email it to me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Natalie, you really are an amazing momma! I am always impressed/inspired when reading about the various activities you do with Hannah.
*Thanks for sharing the info on the FHE pack (would you mind emailing it to me as well?
chokmasi24@gmail.com
Post a Comment