CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

So much to say...

Well today is November 23rd, my due date, and our little Bryson is 11 days old. I am so glad he is here and that I am no longer pregnant! What a memorable 11 days it has been. We love our little Bryson so much! There really is so much to say. I would have thought I'd have written many posts by now... but well, the computer is downstairs now, so I haven't been too anxious to make that trek; it's also so cold in the basement, so I haven't wanted to take Bryson down with me; and I try to get a nap in as often as I can, so there goes the blogging time!

After 9 days, Bryson and I finally got a little outing. (It was nice to get out... and to have an excuse to actually do my hair!) I took him to the doctors because of reflux. He is always waking up with a sharp, painful cry. Sometimes it lasts only a second, while often he gets himself so worked up that he needs some comforting. It has been so sad... and we haven't gotten much sleep. Hannah had reflux as well, so I knew about the positioning (keeping them upright after eating, burping longer, having him sleep more upright...) but that hadn't seemed to help. The doctor did give us some medicine for him, but said it could take as long as 2 weeks to really start working. So far we haven't noticed a difference. Poor little guy.

What a sweet spirit has been in our home with the arrival of our little guy. How thankful I am for such a wonderful blessing!


Hopefully, there will be lots more stories and pictures soon.

8 comments:

Ashley

Hopefully the medicine will be helpful and he will feel better and you can all sleep longer! IT looks like you have twins, because of Hannah's baby doll in Bryson's bouncer.

Jennifer Lomenick

It is so good to hear how you are doing. I have wanted to call but not sure when you can catch a nap. (I know how precious they are.) Good luck and please, please call for Hannah to come play with Stefani. I don't know how early to call and come get her.

Angie Wycherly

Congrats Natalie. Bryson is such a doll. I can't believe how very itty bitty he is. What a sweetheart.

Liz

he's darling. I am glad it is mostly going good. Good luck with thev reflux.

Emily

hey Natalie,
I was shocked to hold Bryson. I just couldn't believe that I'm going to be holding a baby of my own soon. It seems unreal. I'm having mixed feelings with hoping he comes instantly and hoping he comes after Thanksgiving. Either way, I'm sure I'll be calling you to ask how it all works-I feel like I've forgotten it all. I'm glad things are going well.

Sarah Coyne

Oh, your little family is so cute! And you look AMAZING after just having given birth! Sorry to hear about the reflux! My nephew had that, and I know how miserable it is. Hang in there, and let me know if you need anything!!

Molly

Natalie!!! How are you? I think of you all the time and wonder how you are adjusting to have TWO kids! It is a lot of work at first and hard to balance time (well, it was for me) but - HANG IN THERE! It is so worth it.

The Campbell Family

Natalie,
Congrats on the new little addition. Boys are lots of fun...lots of energy! Get your sleep while you can (ha ha). Anyway, let us know when you are up to having visitor's we would love to come and see you all.