CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Parties

We've had some fun pre-Halloween parties. Over a week ago we went to Pumpkinland with some friends. It was a little crazy at first, since there were about 3 bus loads of school age children there. We ate a picnic lunch and played at the little playground (probably the kids favorite part!) then went through the corn maze, saw some animals and played in the "pumpkin house." I nearly lost Hannah! For a split second she went crying off, not knowing where I was. Thankfully a kind mother helped her back. We loved the outing and came home with a couple pumpkins.Then last week we had a fun playgroup, hosted by my friend Shanna. The kids dressed up. They ate mummies (little hot dogs wrapped in cut crescents) and Halloween shaped chips and decorated caramel apples. It was so fun!On Friday night we had our annual pumpkin carve'n night with Nic's family. Hannah was an awesome helper. She still wasn't so keen on the whole pumpkin guts digging. Hannah stuck with me the whole time! At her request we carved a cat. There were some really fun pumpkins, as always. (Anyone in the family have a picture of all the pumpkins that isn't blurry?!)

3 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick

Fun times! I think your pumpkin page layout was supposed to say 2009. Would you like to update my blog since I am a month behind. Yikes!

Natalie

Thanks... I'm getting ahead of myself!

Ashley

We went to Pumpkinland too, but it was awful. You'll have to see my post on that later, when I write it. So fun!